Tuesday, June 21, 2011

1st Day of Class

Well I figure I'll update now and go ahead and tell you I do not know that I will ever update again in the next 2 weeks! HAH! Today was the first day of our two seminary classes we are taking. I think I will overall enjoy the classes, but here is a glimpse into my day:
  • Class 8-12:30
  • Lunch 12:45-1:30
  • Study/read/do class work 2-6
  • Dinner 6-6:45
  • Study/read/do class work 7-10:30 
Those of you who know me well may be wondering if I am exaggerating at all...and aside from a few breaks here and there, I truly am not. I hear the first few days are the hardest, and what can I say?! I have not studied in 2 1/2 years and even then, I don't think I ever did this much work in 1 day! Needless to say, I am exhausted. I still love Jesus...but it was hard to connect with the Lord on a heart level today. I was reminded in 2 simple ways though that God is good and his grace is sufficient.

1. I looked up from my studying and saw the most amazingly beautiful Colorado sky...God is good and kind to give us creation that we can enjoy!
2. Amidst all the reading, I realized on a heart level that the Gospel frees me from having my self worth depend on my own success. Love this.

Until next time (which will probably be a while),

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Yea, I hear NST is brutal. I am not looking forward to all the studying next summer.

    ReplyDelete