Monday, September 26, 2011

can you do me a favor?

Brett: Hey babe, can you do me a huge favor?
Me: Hm?
Brett: You haven't blogged since August 31. Can you blog about how much you love me?

Yes this was a legitimate conversation that Brett and I just had. Although I don't know if you can include what I "said" as having an actual conversation. I wish that you all could be a fly on the wall for the many hilarious conversations that Brett and I have (yes he was joking about the blog, but here it is).

So this is my blog about how much I love Brett. But seriously though, he has been great during this time of never-ending transition. Brett can adapt to change a lot better than I can (something I've learned very quickly during this season of life), so through my many melt downs and freak out moments, he is always there to care for me so well. He has such a servants heart - even though he will tell you that is an area he wants to grow in. He listens well and tries SO hard to make me laugh, which usually makes me laugh just because he puts in so much effort :). I love my husband despite not knowing where we are going to live when we get to Baton Rouge, when we will not be living with my parents anymore (no offense mom and dad :)), or how/when we will ever get a second car. There are a lot of unknowns in life right now, but I do know that God is good and I have someone on my team...Brett!

I know I will be able to look back on this season and see how much I grew with the Lord, and how much Brett and I grew as a couple. It can be hard to see in the midst of everything going on, but I trust the Lord that He is good and has a plan that is far greater than anything I could ever even pretend to imagine.

Until next time (which honestly will probably be another month),

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I freak out during transition too. I have a harder time with the new place, I do a lot better with the unknowns. I think bc the Lord is growing me in faith and patience..thats the only reason I have to explain that. Either way this is an encouraging blog. As someone who has always (well not always) dreamed of getting married and traveling the world sharing the gospel with my husband, its good to read that others are living that dream and that it is possible. :D

    ReplyDelete